Regular massages at Lakeside Massage can go a long way in helping you feel more relaxed and comfortable in your daily life, but nightly at-home massages can be highly beneficial when it comes to relaxing and winding down before bed.
We all know how important a good night's sleep is, both for general wellness and for functioning optimally on a day-to-day basis.
Of course, the Registered Massage Therapists at Lakeside Massage can't come to your house every night, but there are some simple massage techniques that you can easily perform yourself to unwind at the end of the day. So, before you turn in for the night, take a few minutes to relax with the following techniques.
- Start with a hand and finger massage. Focus on gently massaging your fingers and hands; stay mentally present, enjoying the feel of touching your hands.
- Place your fingers on your temples. Press your fingertips into your temples lightly but firmly, and continue to breathe deeply.
- Now open and close your mouth, making “ah," “oh," “ee" sounds. As you do this, rub your index and middle fingers around your chin and mouth in small circles.
- Lightly stroke your throat and the bottom of your chin with the back of your hand.
- Placing a hand on your forehead, alternately stroke your hands up your forehead from the bridge of your nose to your hairline, and then back over your head. Keep your eyes closed as you do this, and do some more deep breathing.
- Finally, place your hands in your lap and sit quietly for a few moments, enjoying the feeling of calm. Now you're ready bed!